The S.L.A.A. Preamble
©1985, 2003, 2012 The Augustine Fellowship, Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous, Fellowship-Wide Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous is a Twelve Step, Twelve Tradition-oriented fellowship based on the model pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous.
The only qualification for SLAA membership is a desire to stop living out a pattern of sex and love addiction.
SLAA is supported entirely through the contributions of its membership, and is free to all who need it.
To counter the destructive consequences of sex and love addiction we draw on five major resources:
- Sobriety. Our willingness to stop acting out in our own personal bottom-line addictive behavior on a daily basis.
- Sponsorship/Meetings. Our capacity to reach out for the supportive fellowship within S.L.A.A.
- Steps. Our practice of the Twelve Step program of recovery to achieve sexual and emotional sobriety.
- Service. Our giving back to the SLAA community what we continue to freely receive.
- Spirituality. Our developing a relationship with a Power greater than ourselves which can guide and sustain us in recovery.
As a fellowship SLAA has no opinion on outside issues and seeks no controversy. SLAA is not affiliated with any other organizations, movements or causes, either religious or secular.
We are, however, united in a common focus: dealing with our addictive sexual and emotional behavior. We find a common denominator in our obsessive/compulsive patterns which transcends any personal differences of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We need protect with special care the anonymity of every SLAA member. Additionally, we try to avoid drawing undue attention to SLAA as a whole from the public media.
The San Francisco/East Bay Region Intergroup does not speak for any other regional intergroup, or for SLAA as a whole. For information about SLAA as a whole, see the Fellowship-Wide Services website. You can contact the San Francisco/East Bay Intergroup via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at (415) 979-4715. Leave your name and a phone number where you can be reached on the voice mail and someone will return your call within 24 hours.